Many business owners nowadays use social media for business.
If you are a business owner, why wouldn’t you? Social media is extremely powerful. Facebook alone has over 2 BILLION USERS a month!! This is crazy numbers! Your customers are surely among those people and they are waiting to connect with you.
Connect with your people and create a trustworthy relationship with them. Engage with them, make them interested in what you do.
Let’s take a look at the relationship between your business and social media. It is not just about using social media, it’s about HOW you use social media.
Let me ask you a question.
What is the number one priority when using social media for business?
The answer is:
… KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE!
That’s right! It is not the quality of your content or of your images or your product/service. You need to know your audience, whom you are posting for. If you have great content but nobody listens or let alone engage, it means you are not reaching to the right people.
Ask yourself these 3 questions:
- Who are they? Take a whiteboard or a blank piece of paper and draw a mock of your audience. Make it one person. Is it a man or a woman? Write down the age, interests, what he/she does in the spare time. Are they married? Do they have kids? And so on. Picture it in your head or paper.
- Where are they? Where do they hang out, what do they follow?
- How would you reach them? On the base of what you have come up with, think of what type of content you can use to engage your audience on social media.
How to Find Your Audience on Social Media
Ok, I got you here. You are probably wondering how you can find your audience on social media. I am going to tell you which powerful tools you can use to find who your audience is.
- Google Keyword Tool
- Facebook Searches
- Twitter Search using hashtags
- Instagram Search using hashtags
- Facebook Audience Analytics
Facebook Audience Analytics is my favourite. It is incredibly powerful and it gives you a very in-depth look at your audience. You can find out a lot about your followers using this one specific tool.
Reach Out to Your Audience
Right! Now it’s up to you to create content that your audience will be likely to engage with. Once your audience trusts you and knows you, they will be more likely to purchase from you when you offer your product or services. Are you ready to rock your social media?
Which Social Media Channels to Choose
You do not have to use every channel, you can even choose to use only one. Remember, basically everyone is on Facebook, so why would you not be there?
Instagram is becoming increasingly popular among business owners. Check out my article about “How To Rock Your Instagram“.