If you are running Facebook ads or considering running Facebook ads, it is paramount to have the Facebook Pixel installed on your website.
The Facebook Pixel is a piece of code that tracks visitors to your website and the actions they take. For example, in your e-Commerce website, it tracks data from people that view your products, add to cart, complete a purchase or don’t complete a purchase and so on.
If you do not have one, you are missing out on vital data collection, metrics to determine how your ads are doing and, last but not least, the opportunity for retargeting.
Facebook ads is all about metrics. If you do not have the metrics, eg return on ad spent, conversion value, etc. then you will not know if your ads are working or if you are getting a good return on ad spend.
This is just one reason why installing the Facebook pixel should be a mandatory part of your Facebook ad campaign.
To set up the pixel on your website, you can either ask your web developer to do it or, if you have built your website yourself, you can install it in a few steps.
Either way, you will have to have a Facebook Business Manager account to be able to create and manage the Facebook Pixel.
If you are not using Facebook Business Manager yet, you can read my article ‘How to Set Up Facebook Business Manager’ in few simple steps.
Step 1 – Create the Facebook Pixel
1. Log in to your Facebook Business Manager and click on ‘Events Manager‘ on the left hand side
2. Click ‘Connect data sources’ on the left-hand side
3. You will see a pop up with three options. Select ‘Web’ and then click “Get Started’
4. In the next pop up, select ‘Facebook Pixel’ and then click ‘Connect’
5. In the next pop up, add a name for your Pixel (for example your website name’s Pixel), then add your website URL to check for easy setup option, and click ‘Continue’
Now your Pixel is created and you need to install it on your website.
Step 2 – Install the Facebook Pixel
To install the Pixel on your website, you have 3 options:
- Manually add pixel code to the website (not recommended if you do not have coding knowledge)
- Use a partner integration (very easy and fast way to set it up yourself)
- Email instructions to your web developer
1. If you entered your website URL in the step above, Facebook will suggest the partner integration you can use to connect the Pixel to your website. Select a partner from the list
2. Follow the on-screen set up instructions.
And that’s all. Now you have a Facebook Pixel installed on your website that will start collecting very important data to help you track and manage the performance of your Facebook Ads.
Email Instructions to Your Web Developer
If you want to send instructions to your web developer, follow these steps:
1. Go to ‘Events Manager’ and click on your Pixel. Then click on ‘Continue Pixel Setup’.
2. Click ‘Install Code Manually’
3. Click on ‘Email Instructions’
4. Add your developer’s email address and click ‘Send’. Your developer will receive an email with instructions to set up your Facebook Pixel.
I hope you have found this article useful. I understand this might seem like an overwhelming process, so if you have any questions please get in contact. I’d be happy to help and point you in the right direction.
WORK WITH CARLOTTA & DOM
Do you want to get more customers predictably and profitably every single month?