Facebook Business Manager is a must-have if you want to take your business to the next level and do Facebook Ads. It’s a free tool that allows you to manage all your business pages from one place (if you have multiple business pages), to create state of the art Facebook Ads, and to have a very deep and detailed view of all the metrics and results from your advertising campaigns.
It is very useful to have if you want to outsource your Facebook marketing to a Pro since all you need to do is making the person you are working with and Admin of your Business Manager and they will be able to manage the whole thing for you, including creating Pixel, Ad accounts, creating and managing campaigns and much more.
It might seem a little overwhelming at first, but Facebook for Business provides an excellent source of support to get you started. Plus, you can ask me questions, so if you need help feel free to get in touch.
Create a Business Manager Account
First of all, go to https://business.facebook.com/
- Click ‘Create Account’
- Enter your personal Facebook login details, email address and password and then click ‘Create New Account’.
That’s it! Now you have a Business Manager account, congrats!
Set Up Business Manager
Once your account is created you will be taken to the main dashboard.
At this stage, you will need to set up your Ad account and add your Facebook page.
The dashboard will look similar to the image further below. You will not see ‘Ad account performance’ at the top because you don’t have an ad account set up yet. We will go over how to do this later in this article.
Add Your Facebook Page
To add your Facebook page, click ‘Go to Business Settings’ in the pages section of the dashboard as shown in the picture below.
You will be taken to the pages section.
- Click ‘Add’
2. You will see 3 options appearing: Add a Page, Request Access to a Page and Create a New Page.
3. If you already have a Facebook page click ‘Add a Page’.
4. Write your page name in the pop-up (your page will come up) and then click ‘Add Page’.
That’s it! You have added your page to the Business Manager.
If you do not have a page yet, you will need to click ‘Create a New Page’ and follow the instructions to create a new page.
Now we can create an Ad account.
Create an Ad Account
- From the Business Settings panel on the left-hand side click ‘Ad Accounts’
2. Click ‘Add’
3. Click ‘Create a new ad account’
4. Add your account name (can be anything you like), time zone and currency. If you are not running ads yet, you do not have to enter a payment method at this stage.
5. Click ‘Next’
That’s it! Your Ad account is created!
Now you can create a Facebook Pixel to install on your website and start tracking data from your website.
Stay tuned for a new article on how to create and install the Facebook Pixel.